Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Journal Entry #2 (due 2/12)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

Journal Entry #2 (due 2/12) Empty
PostSubject: Journal Entry #2 (due 2/12)   Journal Entry #2 (due 2/12) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:27 pm

This journal entry was supplemented with a fifteen minute spliced episode of Boy Meets World ("The Eskimo"). I have the file on my computer, but the file is too large to upload to here (though I can upload a snippet). If you need to see it, let me know and we can appoint a time that you would like to watch it.

Read the prompt below:

Quote :
What kinds of situations do you face in math where there is “always an Eskimo standing in [your] way?” What about in school in general? What led to this belief that there are some obstacles you personally cannot overcome? Does it come from your background, from certain experiences, or from what others say you can or can’t do? Have you ever faced improbabilities and still strived to succeed despite the treacherous odds you have faced?

We have spoken about intrinsic and extrinsic motivation before in class (ask more about them if you need to). What motivates you to do well in school? How important is it that you perform well in school because you want to, and somebody else doesn’t want to for you? Where do you think you will

Why do you think we are in school? How do you think a teacher teaches you things in life besides what is embedded in the course material or the curriculum? What have you benefited from learning so far in this class that has nothing to do with math whatsoever? Or better yet, what have you learned that will help you in math classes that goes beyond numbers, formulas, and theorems?

In a typed paper (two pages, double-spaced), respond to the prompt in your own way. Use the questions as a way of thinking about your response only—you are not required to specifically answer any one question on here. However, I do ask that you are vulnerable for a moment and expose your weaknesses so we can overcome them together.

You may either print it, e-mail me at brobinson@seq.org, or private message me with your response.

Journal Entry #2 (printable version)

You may turn this in late with no penalty by Wednesday, February 19th. However, it will not be reflected on your progress report if you do.
Attachments
Journal Entry #2 (due 2/12) AttachmentBoy Meets World - Eskimo clip.mp4
(7.3 Mb) Downloaded 125 times
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3BD34-UL-U5WHD5JVUAkg/videos

Journal Entry #2 (due 2/12)
Page 1 of 1