Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MARS Test (3/26)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

MARS Test (3/26) Empty
PostSubject: MARS Test (3/26)   MARS Test (3/26) EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 8:43 am

You will be taking an exam on Wednesday, March 26th called the MARS (Math Assessment Resource Service) that the district will be scoring. You are allowed to use a calculator, rulers, and any other pieces of technology/equipment you are normally allowed to use on exams (except for notes/books). Though, even with these manipulatives, you still much show or explain what you did and why.

The tests are written to Common Core State Standards and the Mathematical Practices that we have been using. These problems are very interesting, and I want to see what each of you can do with them, so work on your own. If you have trouble understanding a question during the exam, you may call me over and I'll help you read it. I cannot explain the problem in great depth. The questions require you to show your work and explain you thinking. You may use drawings, words, and numbers in your explanations. Your answer should be clear enough so that another person can read it and understand your thinking. It is important that you show all your work, and that you do not talk as it distracts students from doing their best work.

The test is broken up into five (5) tasks, basically five sets of questions pertaining to one type of problem. This will take place during a regular 100-minute block period, so time is slightly of the essence. Because we haven't done too much regarding Task 5, I would say save it for last, though there are still some things you can probably determine with it. Always persevere during the entire period. If you do not complete each problem, then you cannot ever say that you are fully finished. This is the only thing that we are doing on this day, and you are required to do it.

I and the rest of the Sequoia math department hope that you find the experience interesting and useful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3BD34-UL-U5WHD5JVUAkg/videos
Quinton R.
Supporter
Quinton R.

MARS Test (3/26) Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARS Test (3/26)   MARS Test (3/26) EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Are we going to be reviewing this test because this test was definitely challenging .
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

MARS Test (3/26) Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARS Test (3/26)   MARS Test (3/26) EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Quinton R. wrote:
Are we going to be reviewing this test because this test was definitely challenging .

Word has it I will be able to go over the solutions (at least my solutions) no earlier than Friday. I would love to go over all of these.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3BD34-UL-U5WHD5JVUAkg/videos
Sponsored content

MARS Test (3/26) Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARS Test (3/26)   MARS Test (3/26) Empty

Back to top Go down

MARS Test (3/26)
Page 1 of 1