Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17) Empty
PostSubject: Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17)   Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:37 pm

This will be handed out Monday, March 10th and is to be turned in no later than Monday, March 17th.

Like the previous exams, we are pushing Common Core material as much as possible. It will primarily involve writing in complete sentences; there will hardly be any actual calculations. I will not evaluate you on the likes of spelling and grammar, but I do expect your responses to be coherent and thorough.

The following California Content Standards (CS) will be covered:
1.0 Properly apply terms, theorems, axioms, and deductive reasoning.
7.0 Prove and use theorems involving cirlces and quadrilaterals.
10.0 Compute areas/perimeters of polygons (triangles & quadrilaterals).
11.0 Understand how changes in dimensions affect the perimeter/area.
13.0 Prove relationships of angles between polygons by using properties.
15.0 Use the Pythagorean Theorem to find missing sides of right triangles.
20.0 Able to use angle and side relationships with special triangles.

The following Common Core State Standards (CC) will be covered:
1) Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2) Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3) Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4) Model with mathematics.
5) Use appropriate tools strategically.
6) Attend to precision.
7) Look for and make use of structure.
8) Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.

Remember that I am assessing you on what you know, not what you've memorized... you will be allowed to use your notes, homework, textbook, and this online forum. Because it is a take-home test, nothing is guaranteed that what you say you know/discovered is from your own material and this online material, so you must reference where you received your information if it wasn't from memory.

Always write with conviction. In other words, assume you are speaking to somebody who has not been exposed to the material before, and lay it out for them.

During this take-home assessment, if you have any questions regarding the problems, please ask them here. I will not talk about the content within the take-home assessment during class time, period. You may also speak to me before school or during brunch/lunch. I cannot provide full guidance for any problem, but I like clarifying what it is exactly asking if you are confused. Otherwise, if you have questions on the subject material, I have posted a video review that might help. Any remaining questions about the content, please ask here.
Attachments
Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17) AttachmentUnit 8 Take-Home Assessment.pdf
(332 Kb) Downloaded 129 times

Last edited by Mr. Robinson on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:01 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3BD34-UL-U5WHD5JVUAkg/videos
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17)   Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17) EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:56 am

The due date for the Unit 8 Assessment has been extended until next Monday, 3/17. Same goes for the items you must turn into your folder.

Happy Pi Day!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17)   Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17) EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:59 am

I made a mistake on problem #7. I said:

All regular polygons create isosceles right triangles from their radii.

It should not say "isosceles right triangles," it should just say "isosceles triangles." I hope most people understood that when they started drawing radii in their regular polygons.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17)   Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17) EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 8:35 am

I feel the compulsive need to remind everybody here that the latest you must turn in your Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment is by today (Monday, March 17th) by 11:59 PM, physically or electronically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17)   Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unit 8 Take-Home Assessment (3/10 - 3/17)
Page 1 of 1