Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A#14 (due 2/26)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

A#14 (due 2/26) Empty
PostSubject: A#14 (due 2/26)   A#14 (due 2/26) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:31 pm

8.1.2 pg. 400-401 (#16a, 17, 18, 20, 21)

A#14 Handout (front)
A#14 Handout (back)

See 8.1.2 - Interior Angles of a Polygon for more assistance on the material.

EDIT:

Answer Key

A#14 (due 2/26) 6l9m
Attachments
A#14 (due 2/26) AttachmentA#14 pg. 400-401 (#16a, 17, 18, 20, 21).pdf
(4.1 Mb) Downloaded 148 times

Last edited by Mr. Robinson on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3BD34-UL-U5WHD5JVUAkg/videos
Valerie H.

A#14 (due 2/26) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A#14 (due 2/26)   A#14 (due 2/26) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:30 am

im stuck of problem 8-18, i found the missing lengths but im not sure which equation to use for the shape since it has other type of shapes around it  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

A#14 (due 2/26) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A#14 (due 2/26)   A#14 (due 2/26) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:00 am

Valerie H. wrote:
im stuck of problem 8-18, i found the missing lengths but im not sure which equation to use for the shape since it has other type of shapes around it  Rolling Eyes 

Hey! Sorry, I was already asleep last night when you sent this (so I can wake up early like right now haha).

Like we learned with trapezoids, the area of one big shape can also be found by combining areas of smaller shapes. So if we split that shape into a bunch of triangles or triangles with rectangles, etc. then we can just add up those areas.

A#14 (due 2/26) Rc5l

The blue line gives you a triangle (at the top) with a base of 6 and a height of 3, and the red line gives you a triangle (at the bottom) with a base of 9 and a height of 3. In the middle, you have a rectangle with a base of 9 and a height of 2. Find the areas of all three and add them up for the total area.

I applaud you for being able to find those other side lengths, but always recall what the question is first then figure out what information you actually need. In the case of the perimeter, you'll need those side lengths. For area, you'll need perpendicular items (such as base and height).

By the way, if you're ever stuck (and I don't mean you specifically Valerie), please use the Additional homework help for Chapter 8 thread for any specific problems you're having trouble with. If that site doesn't help you, feel free to ask on here just as you did!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3BD34-UL-U5WHD5JVUAkg/videos
Sponsored content

A#14 (due 2/26) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A#14 (due 2/26)   A#14 (due 2/26) Empty

Back to top Go down

A#14 (due 2/26)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom :: Geometry :: Homework-
Jump to: