Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A#8 (due 1/31)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

A#8 (due 1/31) Empty
PostSubject: A#8 (due 1/31)   A#8 (due 1/31) EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:34 pm

7.1.3 pg. 347-348 (#28d, 29, 33b&c, 34)

A#8 handout (front)
A#8 handout (back)

See 7.1.3 - Coordinate Geometry for further assistance on the material.

EDIT:

Answer Key

A#8 (due 1/31) Rcht

Last edited by Mr. Robinson on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3BD34-UL-U5WHD5JVUAkg/videos
Stephanie R.

A#8 (due 1/31) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A#8 (due 1/31)   A#8 (due 1/31) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

I need help in 7-29b
Back to top Go down
Stephanie R.

A#8 (due 1/31) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A#8 (due 1/31)   A#8 (due 1/31) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:25 pm

How do we find the value
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

A#8 (due 1/31) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A#8 (due 1/31)   A#8 (due 1/31) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Stephanie R. wrote:
I need help in 7-29b

Stephanie R. wrote:
How do we find the value

Hi Stephanie! I'm sorry, I'm in my master's class so I won't be able to record anything or scan anything for you. You're trying to find the measures of the actual angles? You can either do it one of two ways:

1) Draw an altitude down from B to make a right triangle with leg lengths 2 and 1, and do the same drawing an altitude up from D (also making legs 2 and 1). Then use the inverse tangent function to determine the angle. For example:

tan(x) = 2/1
x = tan-1(2/1)

As it just so happens to be, both of them will be that same value (63.43 degrees).

2) Two angles have the same measurement if they meet and intersect with lines that have the same slopes. So for instance, < A meets with lines that have a slope of 0 and 2/1. < C also meets at two lines with slopes of 0 and 2/1. If they both meet at those same slopes, then they must be reproducing the same exact angle, regardless as to whether you can actually find that actual angle measure.

I hope those make sense! Ask me again if you still have trouble, because I'm sure I could make it clearer (obviously if I could draw it haha). Thanks for asking!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

A#8 (due 1/31) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A#8 (due 1/31)   A#8 (due 1/31) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:29 pm

If you could understand my "diagram," I made a quick one for you here:

A#8 (due 1/31) 7ylq

As you can see, angles x and y are both in right triangles with its opposite side of 2 and its adjacent side of 1, so they'll have the same angle measurement (or ~63 degrees). The other way is just looking at the slopes of BA (2/1) and AD (0) together compared to BC (0) and CD (2/1). Because they are the same slopes at that intersection, they form the same angle. You wouldn't be able to state the measurement based on that information alone, but that is proof enough for me!

Sorry if that sounded weird. I typed that during class and it's hard to multitask sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A#8 (due 1/31) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A#8 (due 1/31)   A#8 (due 1/31) Empty

Back to top Go down

A#8 (due 1/31)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom :: Geometry :: Homework-
Jump to: