Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Welcome to Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom!

To take full advantage of everything offered by the forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join the virtual classroom if you haven't yet.....

If you are a student, your log in name should be your first name, followed by your last initial and a period.

Example: Charles Darwin = Charles D.

Be sure you follow the Terms of Service.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cool cross-section finder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quinton R.
Supporter
Quinton R.

Cool cross-section finder Empty
PostSubject: Cool cross-section finder   Cool cross-section finder EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 pm

I was struggling a bit with getting the concept of cutting a shape and finding the cross-section, which for some people probably is not very hard at all ,but anyways I went online for some examples and bam I found this pretty fun and easy to use cross-section finder. It can play animations for you and it graphs out what the shape will look like on graph.
http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/CrossSectionFlyer/
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robinson
Admin
Mr. Robinson

Cool cross-section finder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool cross-section finder   Cool cross-section finder EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 12:09 am

Very cool site! I wish I was able to do animations and such myself, or do things to help you guys perceive things the way I'm at least attempting to when I'm in the front of the class haha.

When you are in Algebra 2 next year and you do conic sections, you'll see how the double-cone slices relate very well. Not that it will help you much in the chapter, but that's what the conic sections are (the four unique ways you can slice a double-cone into a parabola, circle, ellipse, and hyperbola).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb3BD34-UL-U5WHD5JVUAkg/videos

Cool cross-section finder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mr. Robinson's Virtual Classroom :: Other :: Math (Other)-
Jump to: